Important information on COVID-19 Preparedness & Policy
Health of our Team and our Clients is a top Priority
We are all in this together - We each have a responsibility to do our part
The health and safety of our clients and every member of our team is our highest priority. In addition to our team here at Karl Chevrolet, health and safety extends to each of our immediate families, our friends, and our clients' families – essentially our companies’ entire sphere of influence. The current outbreak of the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19 has brought a new threat to our health and daily lives.
As such, we each have a responsibility to act in the best interests of all concerned. This includes some very basic things we can all build into our daily activities. Below are bullet points of the things that each of us can do individually, along with steps Karl Chevrolet is doing or will be doing. Perhaps the MOST IMPORTANT thing we can all do is to become familiar the FACTS ….. and that means not just keeping up with the latest media headlines, but rather taking the time to understand some of the background and science around why these actions are necessary and smart. Here are some useful links:
To keep everyone informed, we will be providing regular updates on the rapidly evolving situation surrounding COVID-19.
Details on Connecticut's Phased Reopening beginning May 20th:
The Karl Chevrolet Team is ready to assist you while practicing all CDC and State recommended health and safety precautions. We ask that our clients please respect our team's safety and plan to wear a mask when visiting inside our store. If you would prefer to meet with a team member outside in the parking lot, just give us a call and we'll meet you outside. We understand that each client may have varying safety concerns - and we want you to know we are prepared to meet virtually any request to protect your health and safety.
The list of affected countries globally is growing. Locally, in such close proximity to New York City, we are in one of the nation's hot spots of infection. Since mid-March, we have all made significant personal sacrifices, both in our freedom of movement and in our financial well being. Karl Chevrolet is proud to have kept our team employed and covered with benefits during this very challenging period of time.
Karl Chevrolet has been proud to continue our long history of community support. Our team has been busy in various ways supporting the many outstanding efforts going on all around us. We have been so impressed with the incredible compassion and dedication of our Front-Line Medical Workers and our First Responders and we salute their efforts. We have also been so impressed by the leadership and collaboration shown in New Canaan and in our surrounding communities.
In just a couple of examples of how our team has supported these efforts, we have collected and delivered cases of bottled water and snacks to the healthcare workers at Waveny Lifecare Network. #ChevyCares
to Hospitals and First Responders throughout Fairfield County and around the State of Connecticut. #ChevyCares
First and foremost, our team here at Karl Chevrolet is ready to be of assistance with ANY of your transportation needs. We love being good neighbors, but most of all we just love helping people. Business is not rocket science - if you treat people with respect, provide great value for money spent, deliver consistently excellent service, and do it all with a smile, then your business will be successful. These have been the guiding priciples that have led Karl Chevrolet since its founding: Honesty. Integrity. Service. Trust. Since 1927.
As we all look to get back on our feet following this pandemic, we are pleased to offer 20% OFF all Service Labor through June 30, 2020. Its our way to say THANKS for your business and to help your budget during these challenging times. We service all makes and models - so let us know how we can help you keep your vehicles in top condition! Schedule an Appointment today!
In the coming days, weeks, and months, we will all continue to learn more about this virus. In the interim, we can all take steps to be smart and act in the best interests of ourselves, our families, friends and the general public:
What we do know is that this COVID-19 Virus is highly contagious. And symptoms do not typically present themselves for 7-10 days after exposure. Yet, anyone infected is highly contagious for 5-7 days prior to symptoms - thus anyone could be a carrier and not know it.
What can you do?
- If you are sick – feel any flu like symptoms (fever, coughing, runny nose, etc) – please STAY HOME.
- Avoid personal contact – do NOT shake hands – use an elbow bump or other form of non-contact greeting. This can be a hard habit to break but is a HUGE help in containing spread.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds regularly with soap and water ….. This short article from Smithsonian may help you understand Why Is Washing Your Hands So Important Anyway?
- When hand washing is not possible, be sure to use hand sanitizer after touching any unfamiliar surface.
- To the greatest degree possible, AVOID touching your face - you cannot get the virus by touching an infected surface, but you can get it by touching an infected surface and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- If you have to sneeze or cough, cover yourself - at least with your arm or elbow if not a tissue - to prevent air bourne particles from potentially infecting others around you.
- As always, our primary concern is the health and welfare of Karl Chevrolet team members. Please become familiar with ways to prevent the spread of germs and the coronavirus.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest information through the Center for Disease Control - Live Updates with the most official information
- Wear a mask whenever in public around others - especially when inside stores, walking on crowded sidewalks, or whenever you may not be able to maintain a minimum of 6 feet social distancing. Learn more about how wearing a mask protects everyone.
What is Karl Chevrolet is doing?
- We have ramped up our cleaning service and sanitation protocols.
- We have a supply of anti-bacterial wipes available.
- We have installed dispensers for Hand Sanitizer for use by employees and clients.
- We are using steering wheel, shift knob, and seat covers to protect all vehicles in for service - and all employees are using fresh gloves when moving a customer’s vehicle.
- Our technicians use fresh gloves for each vehicle they work on.
- Health and safety goes both ways – we want to protect our team members AND our clients
- Working Remotely
- The reality is that most of our work requires staff to be physically here at the dealership
- When possible, some members of our sales team is working remotely.
- We are utilizing any technology we can to provide more timely communications to our customers - so if you don't want to come in, ask us for a personalized video chat or virtual test drive!
- We're making house calls - that's right - for Sales or Service
- Pickup and Delivery
- Concierge Pickup and Delivery for Service
- At Home Test Drives by Appointment
- Concierge at Home Vehicle Delivery - with most paperwork completed electronically to reduce any necessary facetime.
- As always, we are more than happy to spend time with you going over your new vehicle. However we understand that proper social distancing does not allow for an ideal vehicle introduction. So remember, we are alwaye here and when things get back to a more normal setting, come back and see us!
These are unprecedented times. As always, we appreciate our team's commitment to your satisfaction, and we appreciate your business, your patience, and your efforts to keep everyone safe and healthy.